|After 25 years of running the Classic City Brew Fest, the founder Owen Ogletree has decided to retire from the event.
There will be no Classic City Brew Fest in 2022.
Thanks for all your patronage over the years!
City Brew Fest
2:30 to 6:00 PM
500 College Ave.
- TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT! Please do not contact us asking for more tickets. We are at capacity. Thanks for your support of this great event.
- The event will be in covered spaces outdoors with COVID precautions in place.
- 50+ unique, one-off cask ales with special ingredients!
- Draft beer booths with local Athens breweries!
wild ales, hazy IPAs, fruit beers, wood-aged brews, pastry stouts, sour
ales, special dry-hops, awesome classic styles, and MUCH MORE!
- Rare, special beers uncapped each hour!
- Food Stand! Live Music! Free limited parking!
- Every ticket is a VIP
ticket! Sample any of the beers for one ticket price!
- A benefit for the Athens Area Humane Society.
Live Blues & Bluegrass from local music legend JIM COOK!
CLASSIC CITY BREW FEST
One of the Southeast's Longest-Running
& Favorite Craft Beer Fests!
- Hotel Indigo Athens Downtown offers
attractive spaces to enjoy all the beers on its covered patio and
tented upper parking/observation deck. The event will feature
around 50 delicious cask ales available no where else, draft beer
Athens breweries, and a "special treats" booth that
will uncap rare, amazing bottles every hour!
- Each cask
holds 10.8 gallons of unfiltered beer, and brewers often add spices,
wood, fruit, dry-hops, wild yeasts, and other intriguing ingredients to
these one-off, unique casks that will be available no where else but
the Classic City Brew Fest. Yeast cells inside each cask provide soft,
subtle carbonation, allowing the flavors of the beer and special
ingredients to really shine. Expect wild ales, hazy IPAs, fruit beers, wood-aged brews, pastry stouts, sour ales, special dry-hops, and MUCH MORE!
will be limited parking in the lot next to Hotel Indigo that sits
across Jackson Street, but we encourage carpooling, Uber, and Lyft. Get
a discounted room at Hotel Indigo for the night or the weekend. Parking
will also be available at Athens' downtown parking decks that are a
short walk to Hotel Indigo.
- Hotel Indigo will have tasty food items for sale during the festival.
- Well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome, but please bring your own water and bags to pick up poop.
- Steps we are taking for everyone's safety:
- The event is all outdoors and extremely well ventilated.
- Servers will be wearing masks and gloves and sanitizing often.
- The space allows room for spreading out.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be all over the event space.
- Bring a folding chair if you'd like to sit in your own space. Also, bring a hat and sunscreen.
TICKETS ARE NOW SOLD OUT!
Thanks for your support of this long-running festival.
are only $43.50 plus tax an a small processing fee. This gets you a
souvenir glass, program book, live music, and pours of any of the
beers. THIS IS GEORGIA'S
BEST BEER FEST VALUE! Tickets will sell out online in advance, and no
tickets will be available at the door.
your ticket on your phone or printed out for entry. Also bring photo
ID. We can check you in without a copy of your ticket, but this will
- Tickets ARE transferable to other persons. We do NOT need prior notice on ticket transfers.
- 21 and up. No children please. Well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome, but please bring your own poop bags and water.
- Tickets purchased after January 26 are completely NON-refundable.
- By purchasing tickets, everyone in your party agrees to the online liability waiver and terms posted on our ticket vendor site.
Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an
individual entering this event if such injury or death results from
the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this
risk by attending.
is limited space at this event, and every ticket supports the Athens
Area Humane Society. Uber and Lyft are available. Unfortunately, we cannot offer discounted tickets for
designated drivers. Thanks for understanding.
Companies is your single source for development, design, permitting and
project management. Our hops-loving geniuses have expertise that
encompasses breweries and brewpubs, commercial and retail,
institutions, education, and government. We are currently working with
a number of your fellow brewers on exciting new ventures. Stop by and
visit us at Classic City Brew Fest. Drink a beer with us while we introduce
you to Hopsitality.
ATHENS AREA HUMANE SOCIETY
The Classic City Brew Fest is proud to be one of the largest fund-raisers for the Athens Area Humane Society.
Athens Area Humane Society is a donor supported no-kill 501(c)3
non-profit organization dedicated to lowering area euthanasia rates
through adoption, spay/neuter, and pet retention programs. AAHS has
moved into a larger facility and needs our support now more than ever.
It is so important to focus on the rescue and care of animals who would
otherwise be euthanized. We are a group of animal welfare activists who
started Athens Area Humane Society nearly three decades ago. Our
mission is to rescue, spay/neuter, and find homes for animals in
Georgia and beyond. Your attendance at the Classic City Brew Fest
provides much-needed support.
DISCOUNTED HOTEL INDIGO ROOMS ARE NOW SOLD OUT
not get a hotel room in Athens and enjoy
downtown after the festival or for the entire weekend? Athens
now has SIX local breweries to visit: Creature Comforts, Akademia
Brewing, Southern Brewing Company, Terrapin Beer Company, Normaltown
Brewing and Athentic Brewing. Wonderful craft beer pubs include
Trappeze, Hi-Lo Lounge, Catch 22, Chops & Hops, Royal Peasant, The
Root and Oglethorpe Garage.
In the event that our Brew Fest hotel room block sells out at Hotel
Indigo, please note that The Graduate Hotel, Hyatt Place and Hilton
Garden Inn are all within walking distance to the festival. Athens also has great AirBnB rooms.
fest will take place in covered outdoor spaces with touch-free pouring
into your festival glass. Dress in cool clothes - it will be warm.
- We ask
that all attendees be responsible, use moderation and remember that
this event is for beer tasting and appreciation - not overindulgence.
- By purchasing tickets and attending the festival, all members of your party agree to our liability waiver that's posted on the ticket site.
- We encourage use of Uber and Lyft. Do not drive after
the event, as police will be out in force. Your safety is important.
beers at this event come through proper channels of Georgia's 3-tier
system from licensed wholesale distributors through the Athens Area
Humane Society's 501C city and state special event, non-profit
organization alcohol licenses. Brewers/distributors do not pay for nor
provide any monetary or promotional consideration to the organizers or
to the location of the event.
- Some beers will run
out before the end of the event.
- This year's festival will only require about 30 VOLUNTEERS. If you are interested, please email us at owen@ClassicCityBrew.com to check on a volunteer slot. Volunteering is fun!
- Under Georgia law,
there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering
these premises if such injury or death results from the inherent risks
of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering