Abita Springs, LA
Since 1986 the Abita Brewing Company has been making beers that are distinctive, fresh, and brewed in small batches. As Louisiana’s first microbrewery, they brew their ales and lagers with regional taste in mind and offer specialty beers throughout the year.
• Abita Purple Haze is a wheat beer made with raspberries. Once only available in kegs, this delightful fruit beer can now be purchased in bottles.
• Abita Turbodog is a dark brown ale brewed with Willamette hops and a combination of pale, caramel, and chocolate malts.
Adnams brewery began as the brewhouse of Southwold’s oldest inn, the Swan, more than 650 years ago. They’ve come a long way since Johanna de Corby was fined for selling ale in unmarked measures in 1345, or since George and Ernest Adnams’ arrived there in 1872 -- but Adnams remains strongly attached to their roots and proud of their traditions. And the beer is better than ever.
• Broadside Strong Original, at 6.0% alcohol, is a heart-warming English beer. Broadside is rich in hops and malty flavor.
• Suffolk Strong Bitter is 4.5% alcohol and is a refreshing beer of real flavor. SSB is distinctively hoppy and deliciously dry -- perfect served at a cool 50 degrees F.
Aiken Brewing Co.
This seven barrel brewpub opened in 1997 and is nestled in the beautiful downtown area of Aiken, SC (just a bit over the border from Augusta, GA). Aiken is a town based on horse breeding and showing, and this brewpub is a valuable part of downtown’s atmosphere and charm. Head brewer Randy Doucet is very friendly and loves to discuss beer with interested customers -- and his Thoroughbred Red Ale just won a gold medal at the 2003 Great American Beer Festival!
• Powder House Porter is dark mahogany black with a creamy tan head and a light roasty aroma. The flavor contains a bold roast note with hints of chocolate. There is also a nice supporting bit of citrusy hops that are noticeable in the background.
• Thoroughbred Red is a malty Irish Red Ale with hints of roasted nuts and hops. It has a smooth, elegant flavor and aroma.
• West Coast Pale Ale. This is Aiken’s version of the famous, hoppy ales that were made famous in the western states of the US. It has a malty background with plenty of hop character in bitterness, flavor, and aroma.
St. Louis, MO
The world’s largest brewing company, Anheuser-Busch was established in 1850 by George Schneider. After years of struggle the company was purchased by Eberhard Anheuser and his son-in-law, Adolphus Busch. Today the company has thirteen breweries with a combined capacity of 92 million barrels.
• Anheuser World Select - Rolled out in May 2003, Anheuser World Select resulted from a challenge to Anheuser-Busch’s top brewmasters to combine their expertise and create a world-class beer. Anheuser World Select is a classic pilsner beer with a distinctive hop note and full malt flavor.
• Bacardi Silver Raz - Bacardi Silver Raz is a refreshingly clean and not-too-sweet premium malt beverage with the natural flavor of raspberry.
• Bacardi Silver O3 is created with the natural flavor of three orange varieties: mandarin, valencia and tangerine. This blend of exotic orange flavors results in a crisp, refreshing, yet not-too-sweet taste, and the first orange-flavored, spirit-branded flavored malt beverage.
• Bacardi Silver Limon is a clear malt beverage made with natural citrus flavors and features a crisp, refreshing taste.
Asheville Pizza & Brewing Co.
This combination pizza parlor, brewing company, and movie house is one of the favorite spots in Asheville to enjoy a delicious slice, pint, and flick.
• Shiva IPA is a malty and hoppy ale with a rich flavor and aroma of hops from the Northwestern United States.
• Rook Porter has an aroma and flavor of chocolate and espresso. Its beautiful black color has ruby highlights when held to the light. This beer is superb with dessert.
Atlanta Brewing Co.
The brewery is located in historic Midtown Atlanta and produces world-class beers for Georgia. They have earned medals in the World Beer Cup.
• Peachtree Pale Ale is an American Pale Ale with a great balance between malt sweetness and hop bitterness.
• Red Brick Ale is the brewery’s flagship product brewed with a traditional top-fermenting yeast. It has a deep, coppery red color, smooth body, and rich head.
Beck’s North America
Since 1873, Beck’s has been brewed in the heart of the old Hansa city of Bremen on the banks of the Weser River. In Germany, Beck’s Pilsner ranks among the country’s top 10.
• Beck’s Lager is a premium world-class pilsner. The traditional brewing method and cold aging combine to create its typical fresh, full-bodied taste.
• Beck’s Dark has a malty flavor and a fine hoppiness -- smooth and robust with a lingering, slightly sweet aftertaste. This is America’s #1 imported dark beer.
• Beck’s Light has all the attributes of a European light beer. The taste is light, clean, and smooth.
Blue Ridge Brewing Co.
Blue Ridge Brewing Company was founded in 1995. Their ten bbl Bohemian brewery system provides the brewpub with the freshest ales and lagers across upstate South Carolina. They keep four standard beers all year, rotating seasonals, and around 10-15 different beers over the course of a year. The full menu is very diverse with wild game items and fresh specials complementing the beers.
• Colonal Paris Pale Ale has a light copper hue and a malt bill including pale malt, Munich malt, and two varieties of crystal malts. The hop profile is mainly American with Centennial and Cascade used in a new process called ‘mash-hopping’ which adds to the aroma.
• XXX Total Eclipse Stout is a dark, robust Stout with a heavy roasted bitterness. It is a full, chewy beer with a higher alcohol content than most and plenty of English hops for balance.
• Rainbow Trout ESB is a very English-style Extra Special Bitter with deep amber color which foretells the maltiness of the beer. This ESB has a nice balance of English hops and a slight nutty flavor from a touch of chocolate malt.
Boston Beer Co.
The Boston Beer Co. put its first beer on the market in April 1985. It is now being distributed throughout the United States, Germany, and several other countries. Jim Koch, the president and brewmaster at Boston Beer, comes from a family of brewers. In October 1985, Samuel Adams became the first American beer to both pass the German Reinheitsgebot purity law and be sold in Germany.
• Samuel Adams Boston Lager was honored as the Best Beer in America for 4 years running. This all American classic showcases exquisite Bavarian hops with a spicy character. This beer has also taken a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival (GABF).
• Sam Adams Light. This new light beer is low in calories and very refreshing, but still has much of the great malt and hop flavor of the original Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
• Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Wheat beer is a distinctly summery and refreshing style, particularly welcome when a thirst quenching drink is called for. Cherry Wheat perfectly balances the delicacy and citrus tang of a wheat ale with the taste and aroma of fresh cherries.
• Sam Adams White Ale is a refreshing summer brew done in the ancient Belgian style of using wheat, coriander, and orange peel.
• Sam Adams Boston Ale is an amber colored ale done as a tribute to the old German style of ales called Alts. It has a pleasing balance of malts and hops.
• Twisted Tea is a refreshing blend of tea and lemon.
Buckhead Brewery and Grill
From the moment you pull on the deer antler door handles, you’ll feel the charm and warmth of escaping to the mountains. Sit down, relax, and order one of our beers that have won awards from all over the world. As you’re sipping on your drink, feast your eyes on our menu and order any of our mouth-watering appetizers, entrees or desserts - which, by the way, have also won awards.
• Red Hills Amber is an Irish-style amber ale. It is deep amber to brown in color and has a sweet caramel aroma with mild notes of chocolate. It has a moderate caramel flavor with some hop dryness. Red Hills Amber was a Silver Medal Winner in the 2002 World Beer Cup for ‘Irish-style Amber Ale.’
• Buck Light is a light American Lager. Light in body, color and taste, this beer is a permanent fixture at all of our locations. Similar to commercial American premium beers.
• Panther Pale Ale is copper to deep copper in color with a citrus, caramel aroma that resembles tangerines. Panther pale ale has a moderate to high hop bitterness.
• Black Diamond Stout is a classic Irish-style Dry Stout. Black in color, this ale has a dominant coffee aroma/flavor wth mild hints of caramel. Black Diamond won a Bronze Medal in the 1996 World Beer Cup for ‘Classic Irish-style Dry Stout.’
• Winter Ale is a Strong Scotch Ale that is brown in color with a deep ruby hue and has a sweet caramel aroma/flavor with undertones of coffee and smoke. Winter Ale place second in the world with a Silver Medal for Strong Ale in the 2000 World Beer Cup and First in the USA with a Gold Medal at The 2000 Great American Beer Festival.
Coors Brewing Co.
• Blue Moon Belgian White is an extremely popular and refreshing wheat beer modeled after the popular Belgian White ales. It is best enjoyed in the summer when one can truly appreciate the subtle complexity of its flavor.
• Aspen Edge is a refreshing, new beer from Coors that has a low carbohydrate content, but is still packed with flavor.
• Zima. Today we are offering samples of Lemon-Lime, Orange, and Black-Cherry.
Copper Creek Brewing Co.
The relaxed atmosphere at Copper Creek Brewing Company is perfect for intimate dining or entertaining at the bar. the beer is the freshest in town, coming straight from the holding tanks to the taps. This pub offers a full menu for dinner in addition to four rotating house beer selections. The chefs use house beer to prepare many of the popular menu items. House brews change every 2 to 4 weeks which allows the customer to taste many different styles of beer. Brewmaster Matt Buley has been crafting fine ales and lagers in this facility for six years and is a strong advocate of fresh beer. His consistent travels throughout Europe inspire eclectic seasonal offerings with an emphasis on Belgium and Germany. Enjoy!
• Kölsch - Traditionally brewed in Köln, this is one of the few styles of ale still brewed in Germany. This golden beer has a light, crisp body with mellow maltiness and nicely rounded hop character. It took a First Place award at the 2003 Georgia Craft Brew Challenge.
• Nut Brown Ale is an English style Brown Ale that is deep amber in color with a medium, light body. Chocolate, rye, and toasted malts contribute to this beer’s soft nutty character and smooth finish.
• I.P.A. is an English style pale ale that is copper in color with a medium body. Its aroma is very floral with a malty sweetness which quickly fades to a complex hoppy flavor. I.P.A.’s finish is that of a dry, mineral crispness.
• Oatmeal Stout - Our Stout is opaque with ruby red highlights and a full textured silky body. Its inviting aroma is a complex mixture of roasty, chocolately, and malty tones. Its flavor follows through with a smooth, rich balance that will excite any Stout drinker. It is served on a nitrogen tap.
• Cristal Premium imported beer is a classic lager brewed from the water of the Andes Mountains in Peru. Visit www.IncaSpirits.com to find more on Cristal -- “The Brew from Peru.” Make your intentions Cristal clear tonight. Cristal is available in clubs, bars, and package stores throughout Atlanta and Athens.
• Smirnoff Twisted V. Diageo has added a new “twist” to the flavored malt beverage market with the introduction of Smirnoff Twisted V. Smirnoff Twisted V uses natural flavors to create a unique tasting beverage that is smooth, flavorful and refreshing. It is currently available in four flavors -- Green Apple, Raspberry, Mandarin Orange and Cranberry.
Dogwood Brewing Co.
Dogwood Brewing Company was founded to produce hand-crafted ales of the highest quality. They combine old-world care and craftsmanship with the latest scientific technology to produce several excellent brews. They were named “Atlanta’s Premier” microbrewery in the Atlanta Journal/Constitution.
• Dogwood Breakdown IPA is intensely assertive, even for the India Pale Ale style. It has an extraordinarily complex hop character -- an overwhelming earthy, floral aroma leaps out of the glass and slaps you in the face due to the amounts of whole leaf Goldings hops used to dry hop the beer directly in the fermentation vessel (over three pounds of hops per barrel).
• Dogwood Pale Ale is made using a generous portion of two-row and crystal malt. It is crisp with fruity, estery overtones using a blend of three types of fresh hops for a clean bitterness and floral aroma.
• Dogwood Spring Bock is a flavorful version of a malty German lager that has complex flavors of toast, bread, and floral German hops.
• Dogwood Stout is a roasty, coffee-like ale that is rich in flavor, but still refreshing. It makes an excellent accompaniment to chocolate and other desserts. This stout received the highest score in a recent year of all Dry Stouts in the World Beer Cup!
• Dogwood Decadent Ale is a flavorful beer produced for Dogwood’s 10th Anniversary. It contains ten malts, ten different hops, and is available at ten different locations in Atlanta and Athens.
Five Seasons Brewing Co.
Five Seasons is a friendly restaurant and brewery serving top quality seasonal fare and world-class, hand-crafted beer. You can enjoy dinner in their vaulted main dining room, sit outside in their biergarten and savor a malty Bavarian lager, or shoot a game of pool or darts and snack on crispy fish and chips in the cellar bar. The menu changes seasonally and is reminiscent of upscale European tavern fare.
• Munich Helles is a golden lager in the traditional Munich brewing style. With more malt character and less hop bitterness than a pilsener, this Helles is full-flavored but crisp.
• Seven Sisters Münchner Our signature beer! Named after the original seven Munich breweries that hosted Oktoberfest, THE beer celebration dating back to 1571. It is a deep rich amber Bavarian Lager (known as a Vienna Style to beer aficionados) with a full, round voluptuous body and a very malty finish. Enjoy with pork, roast chicken, sausages and mixed grills.
• Jokker Witbier is an extremely refreshing Belgian ale made with wheat, coriander, and orange peel. The special yeast imparts a fruity tartness that makes this beer perfect for a summer evening.
• Big Horn Bock. In German, Bock is the word for goat or ram (which represents strength and ruggedness). This bock is rich, strong, mahogany colored lager traditionally brewed in the fall and aged through winter. The flavor comes from lots of medium roasted lager malts from Bamberg and noble Hallertau and Spalt hops.
Flying Dog Brewing Co.
Located in one of America’s great beer cities, this brewing company has instantly become a favorite among discriminating ale drinkers of Colorado. These beers will be available this year at a table hosted by Athens’ own Five Points Bottle Shop.
• Road Dog Scottish Ale is a robust Scottish Ale, uniquely full-bodied.
• Old Scratch Lager is for the itch that ales you. This beer is brewed in the old San Francisco steam-lager style (lager yeasts fermented at higher temperatures).
• Doggie Style Pale Ale is a favorite at Aspen’s Flying Dog Brewpub. This ale won a gold medal at the 1991 GABF in the pale ale category.
• Snake Dog IPA has a full flavor of malt balanced well with delicious hops that provide rich bitterness, flavor, and aroma.
• Tire Bite is brewed with pale and wheat malts and Hallertau and Perle hops. It is light bodied and super clean and crisp with a hoppy nose and finish.
• In Heat Wheat is not your typical wimpy American wheat; this is a Bavarian-style Weiss that men can drink with pride.
San Antonio, TX
• Corona Light is a beautiful golden lager from Mexico with a fresh, clean taste that has proven to be extremely popular all over the world.
• Corona Extra is one of the best-selling beers in the world and is enjoyed by millions with a wedge of lime.
• Negra Modelo is a creamy, full flavored, smooth, refreshing dark beer in the Vienna amber style. It does not have the heaviness, harsh or bitter bite sometimes associated with dark beer. To achieve this unique taste, it is made with Yakima hops and is brewed using the krausen process.
• Modelo Especial is a clean, malty lager from the famous Modelo Brewery of Mexico.
• Pacifico is another pleasant American Lager style beer from south of the border.
• Moosehead Lager is famous around the world as one of the most popular examples of a Canadian lager.
General Wholesale Ales
• Tetley’s English Ale has an aroma kicks off with a rounded maltiness and a little bit of biscuit, along with a mellow floral hop presence. The body is light, but malt and butterscotch flavors are present along with a gentle honey sweetness and a mild citrus fruit character. A mellow hop bitterness is apparent in the finish.
• Old Speckled Hen is an English ale with fruity and butterscotch notes in the aroma. It is a beautiful copper color with a creamy head and flavors of caramel malts and fruity esters. Available today in the pub draft can.
• Belhaven Scottish Ale is 3.9% alcohol by volume and has an interesting aroma of peated malt. This amber colored ale has a light malt flavor and smooth mouthfeel. There is low carbonation with hints of caramel and faint fruity esters. This ale has a smoke-like character from the use of some peated smoked malt (well balanced). There is light diacetyl (butterscotch flavor). This is a quite desirable Scottish Ale with a light/medium body.
• Mackeson Stout is one of the few surviving examples of an old southern English style of sweet stout once known as milk stout, so-called because it contains lactose, a sugar derived from milk that, since it is unfermentable, lends its character and calories to the finished beer. This is a very thick Stout with roasty character to balance the sweetness.
• Whitbread Ale is a pleasant, amber, fruity ale that is well-balanced with an addition of English hops for bitterness and aroma.
General Wholesale Lagers
•Bavaria Holland Beer is a sweet, light, refreshing beer from the Netherlands. The brewery is large, but still owned by the original family who began it.
• Peroni is an extremely popular light lager brewed in Italy. Try it with pizza or pasta with marinara sauce.
• Singha is brewed in Thailand from the results of experimental barley cultivation in the north of the country. Singha’s hops are imported from Europe.
• 33 Export is a light lager made in Vietnam and imported into the United States by Luneau Importers.
• Tsingtao is one of the best selling beers in China. Tsingtao beer has a pleasant aroma and a well-balanced taste. Its malty flavor and refreshing character make Tsingtao a refreshing complement to any Chinese meal.
• Tuborg was founded by a small band of pioneering Danish industrialists and financiers in 1873. Tuborg is light and refreshing with a white, long lasting head of foam.
Green Mountain Cidery
This company makes handcrafted, naturally fermented alcoholic ciders. (Hard cider is, quite simply, the fermented juice from crushed apples.) With their subtle sweetness and unique flavor, Woodchuck Ciders are a tasty alternative to beer that harken back to the early years of America.
• Woodchuck Amber is the original Woodchuck Cider. It’s made from a blend of apples and fermented with champagne yeast to produce a great tasting and refreshing alcoholic drink.
• Woodchuck Granny Smith was introduced in March 1997 and is made using 100% Granny Smith apples. This cider has a mouth-watering flavor that is tangy and tart, with just a touch of sweetness.
• Woodchuck Pear Cider. Green Mountain went out on a limb of a different tree and created Woodchuck Pear Cider, a crisply refreshing drink with the tantalizing essence of pear.
• Woodchuck Raspberry has all the full flavor of Woodchuck Amber, but with the added complexity of raspberries.
Grolsch is one of Europe’s oldest breweries and has long been known for serving delicious beers in distinctive, swing-top bottles. This internationally known brewery was, until recent decades, a small company in two eastern towns in the Netherlands.
• Grolsch Pilsner is medium-gold with a fresh, clean taste and medium malt and hop levels. It possesses the slight bitterness of Europe’s classic pilsners and has been brewed from the original recipe since 1676.
• Grolsch Amber Ale is a classic Altbier. It has a splendid malt nose and a rich, creamy head. The palate is smooth and well-balanced with full flavors culminating in a long hop finish.
Guinness Import Co.
The Guinness Import Company’s name pretty much speaks for itself. They not only import the world classic Guinness stout, but also bring in several other equally impressive products from Great Britain and other parts of Europe.
• Guinness Pub Draft Stout is considered the benchmark by which all other similar stouts are judged. While the color can be described as inky black, the mouth feel is relatively light in the canned “Pub Draught” version and medium and smooth in the bottled version. Both renditions are richly malted with black patent and roasted malts for a coffee-like aroma and full flavor.
• Harp Lager is brewed in Ireland by Guinness to be a lighter offering by the company. It has a golden hue and a clean lager malt flavor.
• Smithwick’s Ale. Probably the best-known Irish Red Ale today is Smithwick’s. The E. Smithwick’s & Sons brewery, in Kilkenny, Ireland, is now owned by Guinness, which has recently started importing it to this country. This is a smooth, slightly malty ale with a mild flavor and a slightly sweet finish.
Hansen Natural Corporation
• Monster Energy was conceived and specially formulated to provide an immediate boost whenever you need it the most. This table will also offer samples of Hansen’s Monster Low-carb and Hansen’s Deuce energy beverages.
• Harpoon IPA is an intensely hopped version of ales that were once sent across the ocean from the U.K. to India. This beer demonstrates the effect of adding dry hops into the beer after fermentation has begun.
• UFO Hefeweizen is a complex, cloudy ale made with a portion of malted wheat. The clove and spicy aromas and flavors are produced from the special yeast.
Highland Brewing Co.
Founded in 1994, Asheville, North Carolina’s oldest microbrewery has produced consistently outstanding ales for a decade. President/Founder Oscar Wong and Vice President/Brewmaster John Lyda together created the six styles of ales that are presently being enjoyed by the many fans of this craft brewery.
• Gaelic Ale was the first beer made by Highland. It is a deep amber colored American ale, featuring a rich malty body. Cascade and Willamette hops add a complex hop flavor and aroma. This ale is exceptionally balanced between malty sweetness and delicate hop bitterness.
• Oatmeal Porter is a unique Highland creation -- this robust beer is black in color, very malty with hints of chocolate-roasted flavor and a well balanced hop character. This is a classic British style Porter.
• St. Terese’s Pale Ale is a golden pale having a slightly malty body balanced by an assertive American hop flavor. This pale ale displays a delicate hop nose due to the process of dry hopping. A crisp and refreshing beer perfect for any occasion.
• Kashmir IPA is a full bodied India Pale Ale with a brilliant color. It is a dry pale ale with an aggressive hop character balanced with a smooth finish. A bold beer best consumed with a stiff upper lip.
• Black Mocha Stout is Highland’s most robust beer, having a very malty body with a large, roasted chocolate flavor. It is black in color with a very clean finish and a moderate hop flavor.
• Rhinebecker Extra Low Carbohydrate Bräu. Bob Townsend of the AJC writes, “Rhinebecker pours with a golden color and white head that leaves a lacy foam on the glass. The aroma is faintly malty-sweet, the flavor bright and slightly sweet before it quickly dries to finish with a lingering bitterness at the back of the mouth. Enjoy it with seafood, including fried calamari or oysters and steamed mussels, lobster, shrimp or crawfish.”
• Heller Hoch Brau is a German lager produced by the Karlsberg brewery in Homburg. It pours with a bright golden color with a thick head and a light herbal hop nose. The palate is smooth and creamy, with a luxurious soft character that is delicate and slightly toasty.
The Koningshoeven Abbey brewery is located in the south of the Netherlands near the Belgian border. For years it has produced flavorful abbey beers under the name La Trappe. These classic brews are marketed in the United States under the Koningshoeven name, and are great examples of the refined and complex flavors that are present in beers of this style.
• Koningshoeven Blonde is a Belgian abbey ale that has a sparkling carbonation and golden color. It is the lightest beer produced by the abbey and contains excellent European malts and hops. The Blonde is characterized by a refreshing but aromatic aroma and a soft, fruity, slightly bitter finish.
• Koningshoeven Dubbel (Double) is a Trappist brown ale with a medium dark color with ruby highlights. It is rich and flavorful with complex fruit esters of plum and cherry from the Belgian yeast strain. The finish is slightly sweet with hints of caramel and spice -- truly a beer to sustain the soul.
Labatt USA Importers
• Bass Ale has the honor of the having the first trademark in England for its signature red triangle. The Bass name has long represented the definitive British Pale Ale on the market. The full pale malt taste peeks through the extensive use of Goldings and Fuggles hops providing the drinker with a somewhat bitter, but pleasant experience.
• Labatt Blue & Labatt Blue Light are the famous Canadian lagers enjoyed by millions all over the world.
• Carta Blanca is a popular light lager from Mexico. It is delicious with spicy dishes from south of the border.
• Lowenbrau is one of the most heavily exported German Pilsners. Look for a malt sweetness backed by a floral German hop aroma and flavor.
• Boddington’s is known as “The Cream of Manchester.” It is a light colored ale in a pub draft can with an interesting aroma and flavor that has pleasant sulphur notes.
• Stella Artois is the most famous Belgian Pilsner and has made a huge impression on the American market since its recent introduction.
• Hoegaarden is one of the original Belgian white beers that exhibits a beautiful combination of unmalted wheat, coriander, orange peel, and special yeast.
• Dos Equis is a lager brewed in Mexico to emulate a German Pilsner style. It is considered a premium beer among Mexican drinkers.
• Dos Equis Amber is a lager brewed in Mexico to emulate a Vienna Lager style.
• Tecate with a twist of lime is the perfect compliment to a spicy Mexican meal!
• Sol, which is the Spanish word for sun, was founded in 1899 by a German brewmaster near Mexico City.
• Bohemia is another lager brewed in Mexico to emulate a German Pilsner style.
• Rolling Rock is the favorite beer of citizens of its hometown of Latrobe, PA. It is an American lager with hints of butter (from the yeast) in the flavor and aroma.
• Rolling Rock Green Light is a low carbohydrate lager that is crisp and refreshing with familiar complexity from Rolling Roch’s fermentation process.
Max Lager’s American Grill & Brewery
Located on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta and near the Mall of Georgia, Max Lager’s has been described as “a refreshing blend of laid-back bonhomie and uptown energy.” This award-winning restaurant not only features fine beers, but also offers delicious wood-fired cuisine.
• Reserve Lager has a rich, malty flavor and generous additions of the best Hallertau German hops money can buy. The color is deep golden and the aroma is reminiscent of malt and flowers.
• Max Amber is an all American style pale ale with a beautiful copper color and a slightly sweet malt character balance with a moderate hop bitterness and a spicy hop finish.
• Max Red. A vibrantly red Vienna-style lager, Max Red is a mild blend of a rich toasted malt character and a subtle but spicy hop finish.
• Max Imperial Mocha Oatmeal Stout has a full, creamy body and a rich roasted malt character with distinct coffee and chocolate notes.
McKenzie River Corp.
Fort Worth, TX
• Steel Reserve is a strong lager that is light in color and aroma, but has a malty flavor and a sweet aftertaste. It is from Steel Brewing Company in Fort Worth, Texas.
• VSOP Passion Blend is the nation’s first malt beverage to combine a blend of cognac with natural flavors. It is a refreshing alternative to lager beers and the usual malt beverages.
• Sparks Premium Malt Beverage is a unique premium malt beverage containing 6% alcohol and a hefty dose of caffeine for energy.
Mendocino Brewing Co.
Located in beautiful hop-growing region of northern California, Mendocino is famous as the first modern-day brewpub in America.
• Red Tail Ale. This is the flagship brand of the Mendocino Brewing Company. Red Tail Ale is an amber ale brewed in a traditional Old World Manner using premium two-row malted barley, hops, a special proprietary yeast strain and pure water. Red Tail Ale’s recipe calls for generous amounts of pale and caramel malt balanced by whole Cascade and Cluster hops. This makes it the substantial, full-bodied amber ale that has over the years become a legend.
• Blue Heron Pale Ale, aptly named for the many beautiful Great Blue Herons which nest along the Russian River, was first brewed in 1985 as one of Mendocino Brewing Company’s spring seasonal ales. Its immediate and overwhelming popularity led to the decision to brew it all year round. Blue Heron Pale Ale is a delightful medium bodied golden ale brewed using premium two-row Pale malted barley, generous amounts of both Cluster bittering hops and Cascade finishing hops as well as a special proprietary yeast strain.
• Black Hawk Stout. One of the original brews from the August 1983 grand opening of the brewery, Black Hawk Stout was designed from its inception to be a brew that maintains the big traditional flavors of an Irish-style Stout while providing a refreshingly dry crispness uncharacteristic of many dark beers. The specialty malt known as Black Patent is combined with pale and caramel malt in the mash to provide a beautiful contrast in flavors.
Merchant Du Vin Importers
This is the famous Seattle importer that is known all over the United States for bringing in some of the finest beers from all over the world.
• Ayinger Brau-Weisse is brewed with malted German wheat, noble hops, and a strain of yeast that imparts a rich, complex German wheat beer spiciness. This beer personifies classic Bavarian yeast wheat beer. Unique to this beer is a beautifully balanced vanilla fruitiness that makes it thirst-quenching on a warm afternoon.
• Lindeman’s Framboise is a Belgian Lambic ale that is fermented using only the wild yeasts and bacteria from the local air. This beer is brewed with over 50 pounds of fresh raspberries added to each barrel of aged lambic to give a delicate palate with undertones of fruity acidity. The flavor is overwhelmingly raspberry, with the natural tartness of the beer sweetened by the addition of fruit and sugar.
• Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout has an opaque, chocolate color with a creamy head. This was the first commercially produced ale combining oatmeal with malted barley. It is still considered a classic and a standard against which all Oatmeal Stouts must be judged.
The following two beers will be accompanied by cheeses from Athens’ Earth Fare supermarket. Earth Fare offers the best cheese selection in Athens...
• Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale. Often called “mild” if it is on draft, brown ale is a walnut-colored specialty of the North of England. A festive-occasion beer, brown ale is one of the oldest English brewing styles, mentioned in literature in the 16th century. Beers brewed at the old brewery have a round, nutty flavor because of the Yorkshire square system of fermentation that uses large slate squares to line the inside of the fermentation tanks.
• Samuel Smith’s Organic Ale is full-bodied with exceptional malt and hop character. Organic Ale strikes a perfect balance with its fruity hop character and malty body.
• Mike’s Hard Lemonades will be pouring samples of their alcoholic beverages flavored with lemon, crangerry, and lime. They will also be featuring the new Mike’s Light.
Moon River Brewing Co.
Located on historic Bay Street, Moon River is downtown Savannah’s favorite beerspot. Offering mouth-watering food and beers, Moon River deserves a visit from any beer-lover in the Southeast.
• Moon Light has less carbs, but all the flavor. 100% German pils malt and Czech Saaz hops yield our lightest brew. This beer was awarded a first place medal at the 2003 Georgia Craft Brew Challenge.
• Savannah Fest Bier. This style is typical of beers specially brewed for festivals held throughout the German countryside during the summer months and the world famous Munich Octoberfest. It’s rich orange hue and medium body is complemented by Munich malt toastiness and spicy hop aroma.
• Swamp Fox IPA. Our version of an India Pale Ale leans more toward the styling of brewers on the U.S. west coast. It has a pleasant bitterness and a huge Cascade hop aroma, balanced by English malt sweetness.
• The Captain’s Porter is a full-bodied, semi-sweet dark ale, with distinct notes of caramel and chocolate. A touch of English-grown fuggles hops gives a balance to the complex malty sweetness. Brewed in loving memory of the grandfather of Moon River’s brewmaster -- he was known as ‘The Captain.’
• Wild Wacky Wit is a Belgian White Ale brewed with wheat and barley, and spiced with Curacao bitter orange peel and coriander. The coriander and orange zest are detectable in the aroma and flavor.
• Brewmaster Select. Be sure to stop by the Moon River booth to find out which surprise beer is being poured today.
New Century Brewing Co.
• Edison Light Beer. Dr. Joseph Owades, the man credited with inventing the brewing process used to create the very first light beer in the late 1960’s, invented this new light beer. It has a smooth flavor and unique light taste never before found in a light beer.
Northeast Sales Distributing
• Pilsner Urquell is the original Pilsner. With a slightly fuller color than some other beers that are often called “Pilsners,” Pilsner Urquell is full of rich Bohemian malt and Saaz hops that give it a beauty and complexity like no other.
• Foster’s Lager is a “sweetish beer with a hint of banana,” so says beer critic Michael Jackson. The banana hints come from the fermentation of Foster’s special lager yeast. Foster’s is world renowned for its clean malt flavor and refreshing qualities.
• Estrella Galicia is brewed by Hijos de Rivera, La Coruna, Spain. This lager beer has good bouquet of malt and light hops, light body, and an elegant, hoppy flavor and smooth finish.
Olde Auburn Ale House
Olde Auburn Ale House has been a labor of love for owners Daryl Cargile, Michael Chávez and Theresa Chávez. The three started plans for opening a brew pub in Auburn in 1998. Finding the perfect location was the greatest challenge, as Alabama law requires brewpubs to be in county that had brewing prior to prohibition, and to be located in a building eligible for National History Register. Old Auburn Ale House is a delightful brewpub with fantastic house beers and menu items.
• Tiger Tail Ale contains imported German noble hops and malted barley, and is very light in color. Hallertau hops finish this beer with a spicy aroma.
• Plainsman IPA. This India Pale Ale is copper colored, malty, and aggressively hopped. Dry hopping creates a fragrant floral aroma for this beer.
• Full Monty Stout. Our darkest Ale. Roasty coffee-like malt character is present with chocolate notes balanced with a medium bitterness from Kent Golding hops. Oatmeal provides a creamy, lacy head.
• Irish Red is Olde Auburn’s version of a smooth, malty Irish ale made with fine malt and balancing hops. The emphasis of this beer is toward the malty side.
Pabst Brewing Company
• Pabst Blue Ribbon is made from some of the best and most flavorful ingredients of any standard American lager.
• Colt 45 is a powerful, full-bodied lager beer.
• Schlitz Malt Liquor. Look out for the Schlitz Malt Liquor bull!
• Special Brew Mixed Fruit is a refreshing alternative to beers, coolers, and malt liquors. It is a special brew made with the addition of fruits.
• Special Brew Kiwi/Strawberry is also being offered today.
Phoenix Imports Ltd.
Ellicott City, MD
• O’Hanlon’s Wheat Beer has received wide acclaim as an outstanding example of the British style of wheat beer, which can be served clear or cloudy as preferred. Freshness and fragrance come first to the palate, followed by the distinctive citrus crackle that stays crisp and tangy down to the last drop.
• Black Douglas Ale. Sir James Douglas, known as Black Douglas and the Good Sir James, was the trusted friend of Robert the Bruce, joining him in the war for independence against England. The power and character of this exceptional knight is reflected in this dark ruby, traditional ale which bears his name. Medium-bodied with a subtle hop aroma, this luxurious beer has a deep, full flavor which balances a toasty maltiness, mild bitterness, and a hint of sweet herbs.
• Royal Oak is a pale ale of noble character in the grand tradition of British country brewing. Classically deep amber, rich in malt and fragrant with hop aroma, it’s a rounded, soft ale of beautifully balanced complexity and lasting finish.
The old coastal resort of Newport, Oregon boasts a very busy microbrewery with a separate tasting room that is well worth the trip.
• Summit Cliff Hanger Ale is a new offering from the brewery -- full of bold flavor, it is named in honor of all who scale the rugged mountains of the Northwest and in honor of our local Summit Wayside Tavern locations.
• Dead Guy Ale is a German Maierbock-style brewed with an ale yeast. It has a rich malty flavor and a well-balanced finish.
• Brutal Bitter combines Oregon hops with English Malts. The Oregon grown Crystal hop is a triploid variety developed from the German Hallertau aroma hop variety with contributions from Cascade, Brewers Gold, and Early Green. Crystal is the only hop used in brewing Brutal and it provides a massive amount of aroma without dry-hopping.
• Morimoto Soba Ale is part of the new Signature Series of Rogue Ales, launched in the Spring of 2003 with internationally acclaimed Chef Masaharu Morimoto--an award-winning chef and one of the stars of the FoodTV series, Iron Chef. Morimoto Soba Ale is brewed with Roasted Buckwheat, Pale malt, Munich Malt, Carastan Malt, and Crystal Hops. The flavor is unique, toasty-nutty sensation with medium body and good hop bitterness.
Scottish & Newcastle Importers
• Newcastle Brown Ale is a perfect blend of bitterness and sweetness with a clean, crisp finish.
• McEwan’s India Pale Ale is a lively ale with a deliciously malty aftertaste.
• Beamish Irish Stout is a classic Dry Stout with a creamy mouthfeel and flavors that include roasted grains and a hint of smoke.
Southern Legends Beer
• Southern Legends is a light ale that is smooth in flavor -- perfect for all the warm days down south.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
This extremely popular brewing company was founded by avid homebrewers Ken Grossman and Paul Camusi at the very beginning of the microbrew revolution in order to fill the void in the domestic beer market for high-quality, traditional ales. Their beers have since won numerous awards and now comes from a state of the art facility in Chico, California.
• Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a delightful example of the classic Pale Ale style. It has a deep amber color and an exceptionally full-bodied, complex character. The fragrant bouquet and spicy flavor are the results of the generous use of the best Cascade hops. This is truly a beer to savor.
• Sierra Nevada Porter is a very chocolately example of the Porter style, but is unique in its own right because of the use of generous amounts of fragrant northwestern hops.
• Sierra Nevada Wheat is an American style Wheat Beer with its grain bill split between malted barley and malted wheat. This gives this golden beer a wonderful refreshing flavor that is accentuated by an addition of floral U.S. hops.
Spaten North America Importers
New York, NY
Spaten is still predominantly owned by the Sedlmayr family and is proud of its family ownership and traditions. Three different yeasts are used in the production of their bottom-fermenting (lager) beers. The company traces it origins to a brewery of 1397.
• Spaten Lager is a pleasantly hoppy German lager. It is made with one of Spaten’s three lager yeasts to produce a crisp and clean beer with a nice hop finish.
• Spaten Franziskaner Hefeweizen is a top-fermented, unfiltered, bottle-conditioned wheat beer. This beer is light in body, yet is full in taste. The flavor is wheaty and yeasty with hints of clove.
• Spaten Dinkelacker Dark is a true dark beer without the heaviness which has become synonymous with today’s darker brews. It is a great companion to red meats and spicy foods.
One of the most popular breweries in Texas, Spoetzl is renowned as the originator of Shiner Bock.
• Shiner Bock is a legendary Texas beer that is handcrafted using Cascade hops, four malts, and pure artesian spring water to give it a smooth, flavorful taste.
• Shiner Blond is an excellent example of an American-styled Pilsner with a great balance of malt and hop bitterness.
• Shiner Hefeweizen is a refreshing, Texas version of a German wheat beer that exhibits a pleasant, spicy, fruity character.
Sweetwater Brewing Co.
The combination of twenty years of success in the Colorado microbrewing industry culminated in 1997 when Sweetwater began producing the equivalent of that “Colorado” taste in Atlanta. Three friends combined their expertise with the common goal of brewing a beer exceptional in quality and consistency for beer lovers in the Southeast.
• Sweetwater ESB is a robust malty version of an English bitter. This ale has become a favorite in pubs and restaurants across northeast Georgia.
• Sweetwater Blue is a light bodied, refreshing beer created to be enjoyed year-round. It combines fresh blueberries and natural ingredients. It took a bronze medal at the 1998 World Beer Cup.
• 420 Extra Pale Ale is a refreshing pale ale balanced by an inviting hop character. Handcrafted with selected malts and Pacific Northwest hops, this ale is extra crisp, extra clean, extra-ordinary. Silver medal winner at the 1998 World Beer Cup.
• IPA is an excellent example of an India Pale Ale.
• Exodus Porter is a medium-bodied porter, defined by generous amounts of chocolate malt and a rich, velvety mouthfeel.
• Sweet Georgia Brown is a robust malty version of an American Brown Ale. It has a beautiful flavor that includes roasted qualities along with the sweetness of malt. This ale has become a favorite in pubs and restaurants across northeast Georgia.
Terrapin Beer Co.
Terrapin Beer Company was created in 2002 by two micro-brewers with several years of experience working for breweries and beer distributors in Georgia. Realizing that Athens, GA deserves a microbrewery of its own, the founders of Terrapin Beer Company, Brian Buckowski and John Cochran, are in the process of raising funds to construct a full scale brewing operation in Athens/Clarke Co. Terrapin Beer Company’s slogan is “EXTREME BEERS FOR EXTREME TASTES!” It reflects the company’scommitment to creating beers unsurpassed in characterand flavor. This is accomplished with a dedication tothe art of brewing, a passion for great beers, and aphilosophy of living life to the fullest.
• Rye Pale Ale. The Terrapin flagship brand is our extreme version of an American Pale Ale. By using an exact amount of rye, a grain seldom found in other micro brewed beers, the Rye Pale Ale acquires its signature taste. Because it is made with five varieties of hops, it offers a complex flavor and aroma that is both aggressive and well-balanced, a rare find among beers. 2002 GREAT AMERICAN BEER FESTIVAL PALE ALE GOLD MEDAL WINNER!
• Extreme Cream. Brewed with five types of malt and a generous amount of flaked maize, Terrapin Extreme Cream pushes the flavor envelope for this style of golden ale. By using a unique hopping technique called “First Wort Hopping,” Terrapin has achieved a smooth bitterness and a slightly fruity aroma. With it’s golden hue, gentle complexity and white creamy head, Terrapin Extreme Cream is like sunshine in a glass. THIS AIN’T YOUR DADDY’S CREAM ALE!
Thomas Creek Brewery
Thomas Creek Brewery began in 1996 as a small brewpub in downtown Greenville, South Carolina. The yearly capacity is of 5000 barrels. Thomas Creek produces seven styles annually as well as three seasonals.
• Thomas Creek Pilsner is a light-bodied, golden lager with just enough hops to retain its microbrewed integrity.
• Thomas Creek Red Ale. Our most popular beer, this Irish style Red Ale has a smooth character and balance. It is also a World Beer Championship Silver Medal winner.
• Thomas Creek IPA has been hopped-up by request! It has a medium mouthfeel and is brewed for the true hop-head. World Beer Championship Silver Medal winner.
• Thomas Creek Amber Ale is a full-bodied ale with malty flavor, rich caramel color, and a smooth aromatic finish. World Beer Championship Silver Medal winner.
• Thomas Creek Doppelbock. Our version is a German style Stout that sports luscious chocolate and toasted malt flavor. World Beer Championship Silver Medal winner.
• Thomas Creek Vanilla Cream Ale is a golden ale that is light on the palate with delicious, subtle undertones of vanilla.
• Bluebird Bitter is an English ale with fine malt and hops in a wonderful balance. The appearance is dark gold with good, light carbonation and head retention, and the flavor is elegant, yet complex -- a marvelous ale. Bluebird took first place in a blind English ale tasting conducted by Athens’ Brewtopia Events.
• Monchshof Schwarzbier is brewed in Kulmbach, Germany and is dry and beautifully hopped. This ‘black beer’ is loaded with rich dark-malt flavors yet is medium-bodied and smooth!
• Thyssen Amsterdam Blonde is a Dutch ale brewed by the Thyssen brewery of Gulpen in the Netherlands. It is packaged in a cute bottle shaped like a parking marker used on the streets of Amsterdam. It is slightly orange in color and has some interesting complexity produced by the yeast.
• St. Sebastiaan Dark Ale is a dark beer with complex flavors and aromas of roasted nuts, plum, and caramel. Famous for its attractive stoneware bottles, St. Sebastiaan is a beautiful beer inside and out.
• St. Sebastiaan Gold Ale is a golden ale that is complex, fruity, and effervescent. It has flavors that include citrus, cinnamon, clove, and other spices -- all from the action of the special yeast.
• Bokrijks Kruikenbier is produced by the Sterkens Brewery of Belgium. The beer pours a dark golden color with a thin white lace head. It has a fruity Belgian yeast aroma and complex flavors imparted by the particular Belgian yeast variety. It is a fine example of a Belgian Golden Ale.
• Red Seal Ale is an outstanding example of an American Amber Ale produced by North Coast Brewing Company in Fort Bragg, CA. It has an elegant blend of American malts and hops.
• Cooper’s Sparkling Ale is from Leabrook, Australia and has flavors of spring-like fruitiness reminiscent of melons and pears. It is a very carbonated and refreshing summer ale.
• Blackthorn Cider is an authentic English cider made from choice apples from the north of London, England.
Tiger Beer Company
• Tiger Beer is full-flavored and refreshing and has a low aftertaste -- a beer that can be recommended with confidence.
Tuppers’ Hop Pocket Brewing Co.
Established in 1989, this was the Washington, D.C. area’s first microbrewery. It is known for producing some of the most flavorful beers on the eastern seaboard.
• Tuppers’ Hop Pocket Pils is a bottle-conditioned German-style Keller Pilsner. It is dry-hopped with whole flower Czech Saaz and American Mount Hood hops. Chosen by beer critic Michael Jackson as one of America’s Ten Best Beers and a Gold Medal Winner at the 2000 Great American Beer Festival.
• Tuppers’ Hop Pocket Ale is an enormously hoppy American Pale Ale. It is bottle-conditioned and dry-hopped with whole flower Mount Hood hops. Michael Jackson has chosen this beer as one of America’s best. It won a Gold Medal in the 1997 GABF.
Warsteiner is the beer that is popular with the average person throughout Germany. Its success has been achieved through its use of the very best ingredients.
• Warsteiner Pilsener. A lighter style pilsner beer with a smooth, full body and refreshing and clean hop finish. Warsteiner features forest spring water, two row roasted summer barley, and all German hops. The Cramer family celebrated their 250-year anniversary as family owners in 2003.
• Warsteiner Premium Dunkel is an exceptionally light bodied dark lager with great drinkability and a delicious roasted malt flavor. Unique in the dark beer category, Warsteiner Premium dunkel is a lively dark lager with none of the heavy stillness commonly associated with dark beer. Brewed and bottled in Warstein, Germany..
• König Ludwig Weiss. Hefe-weizen brewed on Prince Luitpold’s Royal premise in Bavaria. Rich and complex fruit flavors and a subtle hint of clove balance beautifully in this unfiltered wheat beer. The brewery has traditions dating back to 1260.
Weltenburg, Kelheim, Germany
• Weltenburger Kloster Hefe-Weizen is a classic German wheat beer with notes of clove, banana, and fruit imparted by the special strain of yeast. This beer is produced in a very old monastic brewery near Munich.
• Weltenburger Kloster Dunkel Weizen is a darker version of the brewery’s regular Bavarian wheat beer. It is made with a portion of dark malts that provide a touch of caramel character to go along with the complex wheat and yeast flavors and aromas.
Yakima Brewing Co.
Yakima Brewing believes in brewing beer using time-honored traditions, complimented by modern quality control methods, and made with only the finest ingredients.
• IPA. British servicemen in 19th century India slaked their thirst with highly hopped pale ales sent from their homeland. Generous hopping helped stabilize the brews during shipping and also made them particularly refreshing in India’s hot climate. Grant’s recreates these medium-bodied India Pale Ales with Yakima-grown Galena and Cascade hops. India Pale Ale is a hop lovers dream, with a blend of butterscotch and caramel aromas and a crisp finish.
• Imperial Stout. An outstanding complex combination of malts and hops with a touch of sweetness/honey. The Imperial Stout has a chocolate and espresso character. Anyone who likes a mocha in the mornings will love to have an Imperial Stout in the evening.
• Lazy Days is a light refreshing ale - it’s a smooth, medium bodied brew. Brewed with the new Amarillo hop that finishes with a citrus/lemon character.
• Perfect Porter is a style of chocolate-brown ale that rose to fame during the late 1700’s as a favorite refreshment of Industrial Revolution laborers including many working porters after whom it was named. Grant’s Perfect Porter is full-bodied and brewed with imported Scottish peated malt that enhances its delicious chocolate character with a pleasant, lightly smoky flavor.
• Grant’s Scottish Ale is a full-bodied brew crafted from pale and caramel barley malts for authentic Scottish flavor. It is then seasoned with Cascade hops from the Pacific Northwest’s Yakima Valley for pure American character.
• Grant’s Mandarin HefeWeizen is brewed with malted wheat, a generous helping of Cascade hops and infused with the sweet flavor of the juicy mandarin orange. Grants Mandarin HefeWeizen is great for hanging out with friends and is a pleasant partner to lighter fare like salads, seafood, and chicken.
• Grant’s Anvil Head is an unfiltered, medium bodied Amber Ale. It’s brewed with the new Amarillo Hops to enhance the beer’s aroma and provide a distinctive citrus character.
(© 2004 Brewtopia Events LLC)