Photos by Kathleen Mansfield & Phil Farrell
CLASSIC CITY BREW FEST
One of the Southeast's Longest-Running
& Favorite Craft Beer Fests!
- In 2018, the Classic City Brew Fest is changing things up! Be with us on April 15 from 2:30 to 6:00 PM to experience the event's new format that focuses on cask ales and special, local draft beers.
- The Athens Cotton Press meeting hall offers
a trendy, attractive, indoor, central space to enjoy all the beers and
live music in a fun, uncrowded atmosphere. The event space will offer
around 55 delicious cask ales available no where else; draft beer
Athens breweries such as Akademia, Creature Comforts, Southern Brewing
Company, and Terrapin; and "special treats" booths that
will uncap rare, amazing bottles every hour!
- Each cask
holds 10.8 gallons of unfiltered beer, and brewers often add spices,
wood, fruit, dry-hops, wild yeasts, and other intriguing ingredients to
these one-off, unique casks that will be available no where else but
the Classic City Brew Fest. Yeast cells inside each cask provide soft,
subtle carbonation, allowing the flavors of the beer and special
ingredients to really shine.
will be parking at Cotton Press, but we encourage carpooling, Uber, and Lyft. Trappeze Pub will also sponsor a free Stephens Limousine Service shuttle bus that will run between Trappeze Pub downtown and Cotton Press. Seats
on the free shuttle bus are limited, and space for everyone is not
guaranteed. The shuttle should start about three runs from Trappeze
around 1:20 pm. Three runs back to Trappeze from Cotton Press will
start around 5:30 pm.
- ALL festival beers come directly from licensed wholesale beer distributors.
- Enjoy tours of local breweries and special tappings and
tastings at Trappeze, Catch 22, Chops & Hops, The Pine, HiLo and more
during Athens Craft Beer Week
that culminates on Sunday with the Classic City Brew Fest!
- At the Classic City Brew Fest, check out the delicious food truck from Biggum's Bar-B-Que.
TICKETS are now SOLD OUT.
- Tickets are only $43.50 plus tax and a low Xorbia
processing fee! This is the region's best beer fest deal!
- No refunds on tickets for any reason.
- Ticket price includes samples of all the beers, a souvenir taster glass, program
booklet and live music. EVERY ticket is an all-access VIP ticket!
- 21+ only - NO children or pets please.
- All tickets will sell out online in advance.
- Print out your Xorbia ticket or bring on your
smartphone to the festival for entry.
- Bring photo ID to confirm age.
- Tickets are transferable to other persons. We
do NOT need advance notice on ticket transfers.
tickets: This event provides great entertainment that is worth the
price of admission. The ticket price also reflects a donation for a
charity. We believe in drinking responsibly, and there will be taxis
and a shuttle bus. Considering all this and the limited space
at the event, we are not able to offer designated driver tickets at
this time. Thanks for your understanding.
By the "diet version" of the Irish Rock band, "Repent at Leisure with Liam Parke"
Liam Parke is the well-known host and producer of the monthly
singer-songwriter showcase, "The Best of Unknown Athens with Liam
“Repent at Leisure offers St. Paddy's Day sounds. These guys are so
talented. Even the sad songs are fun - it’s the Celtic style of music -
they celebrate everything in life, even the difficulties.”
Carolyn Crist - Flagpole Magazine
Repent at Leisure's name comes from William Congreve in his comedy of manners "The Old Batchelour", 1693:
"Thus grief still treads upon the heels of pleasure:
Married in haste, we may repent at leisure."
downtown Athens after the festival and then stay at the beautiful
Graduate Athens hotel at a discounted rate that Sunday night? Make your hotel reservation today!
reserve a discounted room for the Sunday night of the fest, call
Graduate Athens at 706-549-7020 and use the room block code CCB415.
- We ask
that all attendees be responsible, use moderation and remember that
this event is for beer tasting and appreciation - not overindulgence.
- We encourage use of Uber, Lyft, and our free shuttle bus from Trappeze Pub downtown to Athens Cotton Press.
- Do not drive after
the event, as police will be out in force. Your safety is important.
beers at this event come through proper channels of Georgia's 3-tier
system from licensed wholesale distributors through the Athens Area
Humane Society's 501C city and state special event, non-profit
organization alcohol licenses. Brewers/distributors do not pay for nor
provide any monetary or promotional consideration to the organizers or
to the location of the event.
- Some beers will run
out before the end of the event.
- This year's festival will only require about 30 VOLUNTEERS. If you know the organizers and have volunteered in the past, please email us to check on a volunteer slot for 2018.