Do you LOVE craft beer and travel?
COME ALONG WITH BREWTOPIA!
Ogletree has been traveling the world in search
of phenomenal craft beer since the 1980s. He is gifted in finding
amazing deals on nice hotels and getting groups "backstage passes" to
best breweries, pubs and beer-centric restaurants. His beer trips are
fantastic, friendly and fun!
- Beer lovers who come along on these journeys tend to
be like-minded, get along extremely well and enjoy getting to know each
other over beer. 21+ only.
prices include hotel room, charter bus and professional driver, other ground transportation, a detailed schedule,
at least one big group meal with beer each day, brewery tours, beer
guided walks, free time to explore, and beer information from host
- Each traveler must arrange his/her airline ticket, but we can provide help and advice with this, if needed.
- Owen only does about two or three group beer trips a year -
this provides time for him to plan each one in great detail and
come along on each journey.
- Each trip needs a minimum of 15 participants, so please don't wait until the last minute to register!
WORDS FROM BREWTOPIA PARTICIPANTS
that Owen does the research, sets up the entire itinerary, and provides
an unbeatable beer enjoyment experience wherever we go."
- Bob Sandage: Owner/brewer of Atlanta's Wrecking Bar brewpub
"I've been on six
European beer trips with three different operators since 2000. Owen's
are the best organized, best priced, and most importantly the MOST FUN!"
- Bob Pike: Retired Delta Airlines pilot
"Owen's trips bring all
the charm of local pubs and local breweries wrapped in one great
experience. I really enjoy the planned-out day-to-day schedule that's
filled with brewing history, education and fun!"
- Brian "Spike" Buckowski: Co-owner/brewer for Terrapin Beer Company, Athens, GA
"The access to people and
places that Owen provides in invaluable. He will take you to places you
either could not have gotten into, or would otherwise have never known.
Truly a remarkable experience. I've been with him on five journeys and
experienced seven countries, countless beers and a million laughs."
- Fred Crudder: Heavy Seas Brewing, Baltimore
"I love the fact that our travels and appointments are all set up for us, no worries and always a great 'insider' schedule."
- Alan Raines: Hotoberfest Atlanta organizer
"This is the most
cost-effective beer tourism I know, and everyone will be a friend at
the end of the trip -- if they were not before."
- John Sukroo: BJCP beer judge
"Owen's beer journeys are
absolutely beer-tastic! Fun and educational for everyone from the beer
novice to the long time professional."
- John Roberts: Brewmaster for Max Lagers in Atlanta
UPCOMING BREWTOPIA TRIPS
- Details below are subject to change -
BAVARIA & FRANCONIA, GERMANY - October 7-14, 2017
$1595 per person - add $399 for a single room. SAVE $100 BY BOOKING BEFORE JULY 1 - $1495!!!
Fall in love with classic German beers all over again!
- Experience Munich's best beer taverns and beer gardens.
- VIP lunch and beer at the grand Hofbrauhaus.
- Stroll through the impressive Neuschwanstein Castle and enjoy lunch and beer at the Ettal Abbey brewery.
- After a brewery tour, enjoy dinner and a night at the Ayinger Guesthouse.
- Visit to the perennial Weihenstephan brewing school and brewery facility.
- See the personable beer halls of scenic Bamberg - home of the region's famed smoked lager.
- Tour the Weyermann maltery and test brewery.
- See the Hallertau hop region and visit the Hop Museum.
- Tour and lunch at the Schneider Brewery in Kelheim.
- Bavarian feast and beer celebration at the Ayinger beer tavern in Munich.
BEST OF BELGIUM - October 2018
$1595 per person (double occupancy) - add $399 for a single room - Our most popular trip!
- We will stay at a
nice hotel in central Brussels each night and take our charter bus out
to the different corners of the country each day.
- Brussel's best beer pubs will highlight our evenings.
- Our TWO-DAY sour
lambic adventure includes Cantillon, Oud Beersel, 3
Fonteinen, De Cam, lambic cafes, the De Lambiek Visitors
Center and MORE.
- Journey to Interpol, Duvel, Orval, Achouffe and Westmalle.
- Savor Trappist ales at Westvleteren, lunch at Hommelhof and visits to the new Bruges Beer Museum and Bruges' best beer bars.
- St. Feuillen, Dupont, Dubuisson are all possibilities.
- Adventure into the Ardennes to experience Orval, Brewery InterPol and Achouffe.
IRELAND'S NEW CRAFT BREWING CULTURE: Dublin, Galway, Belfast - February 17-25, 2017.
* Deposits are completely
non-refundable. In regard to cancellations following final payment,
partial refunds may be possible - according to service contracts and
recoverable expenses. See "Terms and Conditions" below for additional
- Once you fill out
the online registration form, wait for Owen Ogletree to contact you by
email confirming availability. Please be patient, as Owen's reply may
take a few days.
- The deposit* for any
trip is $400 per participant. Once you fill in the online registration
for a trip, Owen Ogletree will send a confirmation email outlining how
to make your non-refundable deposit.
- Checks and money orders are to be made payable to BREWTOPIA EVENTS LLC.
- Credit card payments can be made through the PayPal link that Owen Ogletree will provide.
- Your invoice for final payment will be sent approximately one month before the start of each trip.
- Final trip details and schedule will be sent by email about two weeks before the start of the trip.
- Most trips require at least 15 participants.
- Before you purchase plane tickets, please confirm with us that the tour will definitely take place.
CLICK TO REGISTER FOR A TRIP
Submitting our online registration form signifies
that everyone in your party agrees to our "Terms and Conditions" listed
TERMS & CONDITIONS
following tour terms and conditions limit Brewtopia Events LLC's and
Owen Ogletree's liability as the Operator of this tour and also limit
the liability of our agents, transportation carriers and suppliers for
our tours. Your deposit, online registration form and acceptance of
final tour documents and schedule mark your acceptance of the following
terms and conditions.
REGISTRATION: The $400 deposit is completely non-refundable. In regard
to cancellations following final payment, partial refunds may be
possible - according to service contracts and recoverable expenses. No
refund will be made for any tour accommodations, service or
tour feature that you have selected but do not use for any reason. If
while the tour is in progress, no refunds will be made for unused
portions. Partial or full refunds cannot be made for portions of a trip missed
due to mechanical breakdown of transportation vehicles or any delays caused by severe
NOT INCLUDED IN TOUR PRICE: Air transportation, baggage fees, medical
fees, telephone fees, insurance, some meals and some beers, airport taxes, gratuities.
PRICES: All tour prices are in U.S. dollars.
PASSPORT: A valid passport is required for international travel. No refunds can be made in case of late arrival of a passport.
USE OF PHOTOGRAPHY: By going on a trip, you give Brewtopia Events LLC
the right to use photographs and video of you in print and online
ALTERATIONS TO TOURS & ACCEPTANCE: Brewtopia Events LLC, in its
absolute discretion, reserves the right to change any route or other
arrangements, offer substitutes, alter trip schedules, or to cancel the
whole or any portion of a tour, should conditions make this necessary.
CONDUCT: These beer trips are for beer education and enjoyment - not
overindulgence and questionable behavior. Participants are expected to
conduct themselves in a responsible, respectful manner that insures
everyone's enjoyment. Brewtopia Events LLC holds the right to terminate
the tour for any problematic member, at any time, without refund. Bus
departures and tours cannot wait for tardy participants, and each
member of the tour is expected to be on time - based on schedules that
will be provided.
MEDICAL & HEALTH: These beer tours involve a great deal of walking,
and each person should be in adequate condition (or be personally
responsible for alternative taxi costs, etc.). Refunds are not given
for health reasons or medical emergencies. Hospital and medical
treatments and care during the trip are the complete responsibility of
the participant - as is evacuation from the trip location to return
home. Brewtopia Events LLC cannot attend the sick and/or assist with
medical situations during the trip. Brewtopia Events LLC assumes no
liability regarding provision of medical care. Refunds cannot be made
for portions of a trip missed due to sickness, injury, medical
emergencies or any other reason.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANIZER: Brewtopia Events LLC is only responsible
as an informational tour guide and organizer for these beer trips. We
do not move luggage, perform special duties, or assist in personal or
medical problems or situations. Each participant on these trips is
totally responsible for his/her own property, well being and resolution
of any special problems or situations.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Each participant must sign a liability waiver
before being allowed to attend a trip. These waivers will be emailed
prior to departure.
SPECIAL WAIVER: As a participant on a Brewtopia Events LLC tour, I
fully and clearly understand that I will be consuming alcohol during
the tour and I accept full responsibility for my behavior,
responsibility and health during the tour - which may involve a
variety of activities, locations and types of travel - including, but
not limited to: walking on dark and/or busy foreign streets, rail
travel, bus transportation, train platforms and stations, steep hotel
stairways, cobblestone streets, taxis, trains, tours, restaurants,
pubs, and public museums. I also realize that brewery tours may involve
beer tasting and walking through unfamiliar, narrow and/or steep
corridors, stairways and slippery terrain. I also realize that
breweries may be operational during visits and that this presents
additional hazards including heat and steam, reduced visibility, slick
floors, hot surfaces and boiling kettles. I knowingly and willfully
accept these risks and accept complete and total responsibility for my
behavior and welfare during tours. I agree to hold neither Brewtopia
Events LLC nor the hosting brewery or facility liable in any way,
should any type of harm come to me.
your online registration form indicates understanding and acceptance of
these conditions by all members of your party.
Video from our 2009 Belgian beer trip...
Places we've visited over the years on our beer journeys...